Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How can there be no story in the storybook?

We used to joke about this particular poem we had in Literature back in those days,

a very beautiful moving one full of imagery and depth. It was the one by Pablo Neruda called 'Tonight I Can Write'.


I suppose the equal of the poem, but one entitled 'Tonight I Cannot Write' would be a piece of blank paper with only the unfortunate title sitting alone to speak for itself, one line so insignificant and yet, still, so significant.


I suppose the last few months where I left this blog empty can therefore be considered the masterpiece that I have written and left sitting alone to speak for itself. So insignificant and yet, still, so significant.



"..and the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture" -P.N.

9 comments:

Joshua said...

How can there be no story in the storybook?

Lack of funding? Author and editor not see eye to eye?

You're significant, Rachel. Your lack of writing is...having or expressing a meaning...yeah, significant, too. :P Pretty sad poem. That is, this version is. Sad more the dude's understanding of love than anything.

I see you've added a couple more initials to your signature. Personally, I find the latter part of your name quite pretty. Don't know what it means, and I'm probably not pronouncing it properly, but the way I pronounce it, I like it. :d

Joshua said...

Hahaha. "Coping". Fine verification word if I've ever seen one. =P

Joshua said...

That's a nice picture, by the way. What is it? It looks like really wavy pine needles.

stedally. Hahaha.

Rachel M said...

it's a type of moss that looks like a beard

Joshua said...

A...green beard. With spittle. Must be some kind of mountain man. Interrupted.

Joshua said...

Why's your web log set to California time? Just wondering.

desselBoS said...

heyhey rachel, i got some news...best to tell u over the phone. wait in suspense a while more. LOL.

Joshua said...

Well, great. It's hard for me to eavesdrop like that. :d

Usman Awais said...

Best Arabic sweets in Dubai
Arabic Sweets in Dubai